- Powell to journalist Bob Woodward on his health struggles: 'Don't feel sorry for me'on October 19, 2021
Colin Powell opened up to journalist Bob Woodward about his health struggles in what may have been his last interview before his death.
- Committee investigating January 6 releases criminal contempt report detailing how Steve Bannon evaded subpoenaon October 19, 2021
The committee investigating the January 6 Capitol Hill riot has released the contempt report on President Donald Trump's ally Steve Bannon, a document that outlines the efforts the committee took to […]
- Analysis: The two legacies of Colin Powellon October 18, 2021
There are two important ways to consider Colin Powell upon his death from complications of Covid-19 despite being fully vaccinated.
- Biden to spend this week working behind the scenes to press Democrats on his sweeping domestic agendaon October 18, 2021
President Joe Biden has few public events on his schedule this week as he works behind the scenes to secure an agreement on his domestic agenda amid deep divisions within his party.
- DOJ says Guantanamo detainee can testify about his CIA tortureon October 18, 2021
The Department of Justice (DOJ) said in a letter to the Supreme Court last week that a Guantanamo Bay detainee will be allowed to testify about the alleged torture he experienced.Acting Solicitor […]
- The Memo: Powell ended up on losing side of GOP fighton October 18, 2021
Four of the five living former presidents paid tribute to Gen. Colin Powell within hours of his death on Monday.Former President Trump was the sole exception. By late Monday afternoon, there was […]
- Psaki: 'Range' of proposals could help Biden meet climate goalon October 18, 2021
White House press secretary Jen Psaki argued on Monday that a “range” of proposals could help President Biden meet his climate goals amid questions over the future of a key clean electricity […]
- President, first lady honor teachers at White House awards ceremonyon October 18, 2021
First lady Jill Biden, with a surprise appearance from President Biden, hosted teachers at the White House on Monday for the teachers of the year awards.“You worked long hours,” the first lady […]
- Everything Wrong with American Infrastructure in One Tunnelon October 19, 2021
American infrastructure is not crumbling, but there is a 148-year-old rail tunnel in Maryland that needs replacing.
- Update: The Five-Zeros Clubon October 18, 2021
It is a humbling achievement for this webathon to have joined the five-zeros club with the help of you, our readers. We are grateful for every dollar.
- Nobody Cared About Biden’s Commission on the Supreme Court Because It Was Pointlesson October 18, 2021
There was no reason for anyone to have noticed, because there was no reason for the Commission to exist, because there is nothing wrong with the Supreme Court.
- Teaching History in Texason October 18, 2021
If Michael Gerson is reading the law correctly, then his indictment holds up. But I don’t think he is reading it correctly.
Los Angeles Times
- Four things you didn't know about Colin Powellon October 18, 2021
The White House said Monday the nation's flag would be flown at half-staff in honor of Powell at American embassies abroad and on public and military grounds until sunset Friday.
- Kamala Harris visits Lake Mead to sell Biden's climate agenda amid drought in Weston October 18, 2021
Vice President Kamala Harris visits Nevada to stump for President Biden's infrastructure and climate agenda.
- Biden administration urges Supreme Court to suspend Texas abortion lawon October 18, 2021
The Justice Department files an emergency appeal urging the Supreme Court to suspend the Texas law that has banned most abortions there.
- Colin Powell, America's first Black secretary of State, dies at 84on October 18, 2021
Colin Powell, the first Black secretary of State and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, dies of COVID-19 complications after bout with blood cancer.
- Doocy Bomb: FNC Reporter Slams Biden Hypocrisy on January 6 Subpoenas, Maskson October 18, 2021
On Monday’s Psaki Show, Fox News’s Peter Doocy returned to the Briefing Room (after colleague Jacqui Heinrich took a turn last week) and, as usual, he didn’t make it easy on Press Secretary Jen […]
- Andrea Mitchell Falsely Claims GOP ‘Booed’ Powell at 2000 Conventionon October 18, 2021
As news broke Monday morning of the passing of former Secretary of State and Joint Chiefs Chairman Colin Powell, on NBC’s Today show, correspondent Andrea Mitchell jumped at the chance to exploit […]
- Washington Examiner’s ‘Liberal Media Scream’ With the MRC’s Assessmenton October 18, 2021
Since late January of 2012, the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard has once a week featured a “Mainstream Media Scream” selection in his “Washington Secrets” column. For each pick, usually […]
- AZ Attorney General Says Facebook Facilitates ‘Human Smuggling,’ ‘Illegal Entry’on October 18, 2021
Facebook has reportedly exacerbated the southern U.S. border crisis by allowing illegal immigrants and even human smugglers to facilitate their activities on the company’s platforms. Meanwhile, […]
- Dem McAuliffe Gets Nearly $500K Anti-Gun Funding in Virginia Gov Raceon October 18, 2021
Democratic candidate, and former Gov. Terry McAuliffe received almost $500,000 in September from the Michael Bloomberg group Everytown For Gun Safety, adding to his reported $45 million war chest in […]
- Dan Bongino Threatens to Quit Cumulus Over Vaccine Mandateon October 18, 2021
Conservative talk radio host Dan Bongino on Monday threatened to quit Cumulus radio network, which syndicates his Fox Nation program, over their plans for a COVID-19 vaccination mandate.
- DOJ: 'Lionizing' Jan. 6 Rioters Encourages More Political Violenceon October 18, 2021
"Lionizing" the January 6 rioters increases the risk of future political violence, according to the U.S. Justice Department (DOJ) in the most clear-cut declaration it has taken on these claims so […]
- Rep. Maxine Waters Has Paid Daughter $74,000 So Far This Year: FECon October 18, 2021
House Financial Services Committee Chairwoman Maxine Waters, D-Calif., has paid her daughter in amounts totaling $74,000 for this year so far.
- Meet The Media’s Top ‘Domestic Terrorist’on October 18, 2021
By Max Eden for RealClearPolitics The National School Boards Association (NSBA) letter to President Biden suggested that recent “acts of malice, violence, and threats against public school […]
- 10 Absurdly Wasteful Items Tucked Into Democrats’ $3.5 Trillion Tax-and-Spend Monstrosityon October 18, 2021
By David Ditch for The Daily Signal House Democrats a few weeks ago released the full text of their big-government socialism $3.5 trillion tax-and-spend package. Many important elements were […]
- Feminism: An Elite Ideologyon October 18, 2021
By Ronna McDaniel for RealClearPubliAffairs In recent years, there’s been a lot of talk about elitism. Elites dominate higher education, Hollywood, Big Tech, and the media. They are the champions […]
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott Says Drug Cartels Now Shooting At National Guard At ‘Abandoned’ Borderon October 18, 2021
Texas Governor Greg Abbott claims “aggressive” drug cartels at the Mexican border have begun shooting at National Guard soldiers stationed there. Abbott, speaking with Maria Bartiromo of Fox […]
- Gov. Reynolds, Sen. Whitver call for Iowa tax cutson October 19, 2021
Gov. Kim Reynolds and Senate Majority Leader Jack Whitver, R-Ankeny, called for income tax cuts Friday in response to the Iowa Revenue Estimating Conference’s estimates that net receipts will […]
- North Carolina treasurer to maintain Ben & Jerry's investment despite pressureon October 18, 2021
North Carolina will hold off on withdrawing its investments from Ben & Jerry's holding company Unilever because of its decision to leave the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT), State Treasurer […]
- Massachusetts corrections officers tell judge they shouldn't be required to be vaccinatedon October 18, 2021
Members of the Massachusetts corrections officers union told a judge this week that they shouldn't be subject to the state's vaccine mandate, according to news reports.
- Michael Cohen calls Steele 'Austin Powers' after being accused of 'treason'on October 18, 2021
Michael Cohen dismissed British ex-spy Christopher Steele as a "f***ing liar" and "Austin Powers" after the ex-MI6 agent suggested former President Donald Trump's lawyer committed "treason."
Five Thirty Eight
- Politics Podcast: What Makes A Party Or Politician Popular?on October 18, 2021
President Biden’s standing with the public has deteriorated in the nine months since he took office. Now more Americans disapprove of his job performance than approve of it. In this installment of […]
- Do You Buy That … Limiting Abortion Access Will Mobilize Democrats At The Polls?on October 18, 2021
FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver breaks down public opinion on abortion legislation and what it will mean for the midterms on ABC’s “This Week.”
- How Mitch McConnell Accidentally Created An Unregulated THC Marketon October 18, 2021
Sen. Mitch McConnell didn’t know what he was doing when he passed the 2018 Farm Bill. The bill included his provision that legalized industrial hemp, a form of cannabis that can be made into a wide […]
- Local News Is Vanishing. What Does That Mean For American Politics?on October 15, 2021
Elaine Godfrey, a staff writer at The Atlantic, joins the FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast to discuss her recent article about what happened when a local paper disappeared from a small Iowa town. And […]
The New York Times
- What Joe Manchin Wants the Domestic Policy Bill to Look Likeon October 19, 2021
The West Virginia Democrat could decide the fate of President Biden’s top legislative priority, and he has not been shy about outlining the kinds of changes he wants to see.
- F.D.A. to Allow ‘Mix and Match’ Approach for Covid Booster Shotson October 18, 2021
The agency may act this week, when it is expected to authorize booster shots for recipients of the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
- Trump Sues to Block Release of White House Papers to Jan. 6 Inquiryon October 18, 2021
The case raises novel constitutional questions about the scope of an ex-president’s executive privilege powers if the current president disagrees.
- Biden's Paid Leave Plan at Risk as Lawmakers Seek Cutson October 18, 2021
An initial proposal to offer workers 12 weeks of paid leave could be whittled down as Democrats try to trim their $3.5 trillion social policy bill.
The Gateway Pundit
- UPDATE: The Most Likely Reason Japan’s COVID Numbers Are Way Down Since September Is Because They Started Using Ivermectin at that Timeon October 18, 2021
As reported earlier, Japan didn’t follow the rest of the world and certainly never followed the WHO’s recommendations related to COVID. Their actions to not shut down their economy and begin […]
- President Trump Sues the Corrupt Capitol Riot Committee and the National Archives – The Anti-American Democrats and RINOs are Out of Controlon October 18, 2021
President Trump today sued the corrupt US House Capital Riot Committee and the National Archives President Trump sued the biased and corrupt US House Capital Riot Committee and the National Archives […]
- NEW: NHL Suspends Sharks’ Evander Kane for 21 Games for Submitting Fake Covid Vaccine Cardon October 18, 2021
Evander Kane, one of the NHL’s few black players has been suspended for 21 games for submitting a fake Covid vaccine card, according to Sportsnet. A decision that will cost him about $1.68 million […]
- Union Pacific Railroad Files Federal Lawsuit Over Unions’ Objections to Joe Biden’s Forced Vaccineson October 18, 2021
SMART, the International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers, is one of North America’s most dynamic and diverse unions with 203,000 members. The union consists of […]
The American Conservative
- Journalism Turns on the First Amendmenton October 18, 2021
Liberal journalists at outlets like the Huffington Post have appointed themselves as the country's speech police. The post Journalism Turns on the First Amendment appeared first on The American […]
- Our Dangerous Civic Dualismon October 18, 2021
The growing divide between the reality we know and the facade we maintain in public is tearing apart our civil society. The post Our Dangerous Civic Dualism appeared first on The American […]
- True North Moves in The Right Directionon October 14, 2021
Main Street conservatives have a friend in Kevin Roberts, the new president of the Heritage Foundation The post True North Moves in The Right Direction appeared first on The American Conservative.
- Democrats Want Virginians to Vote by Mailon October 13, 2021
In letters to Virginia voters, Vote Forward tries to appear nonpartisan. It isn't. The post Democrats Want Virginians to Vote by Mail appeared first on The American Conservative.
Breitbart News Network
- Fraternal Uprising: College Students Reject 'Surveillance State' Coronavirus Restrictionson October 18, 2021
College students are rejecting school-imposed COVID restrictions, some equating the rules with the "growth of the surveillance state."
- Joe Manchin Meets with Bernie Sanders During Democrat Infightingon October 18, 2021
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) met Monday with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) while moderate and progressive Democrats continue to fight over infrastructure.
- Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan Moves to Refund Police: Defunding Is ‘Far-Left Lunacy’on October 18, 2021
Maryland Republican Governor Larry Hogan announced on Friday an initiative to increase spending for police and crime victims.
- Billionaire Supermarket Chain Owner Warns Food Prices Will Go Up 'Tremendously'on October 18, 2021
Gristedes grocery chain owner John Catsimatidis warned that food prices will continue to soar as President Joe Biden's administration struggles to contain rising inflation.
- 1/6 Committee Requests Video Evidence From The National Archives That Could Doom Trumpon October 18, 2021
The 1/6 Committee wants all the versions of Trump's message to his supporters during the Capitol attack because some contain a damning omission.
- Trump Files Lawsuit Claiming That The 1/6 Committee Is Harassing Himon October 18, 2021
Trump filed a lawsuit to try to block the 1/6 Committee from getting documents and claimed that the Committee is harassing him by investigating the Capitol attack. Scott MacFarlane tweeted the […]
- Trump Is So Toxic That Glenn Youngkin Doesn’t Want To Campaign With Himon October 18, 2021
Youngkin said that he appreciates Trump's endorsement, but his race is his own, and he made it clear that he thinks Trump would hurt him with Democrats and Independents.
- Jen Psaki Stops Peter Doocy Dead In His Tracks As He Accuses Biden Of DOJ Meddlingon October 18, 2021
Press Secretary Jen Psaki was having none of it as Peter Doocy tried to falsely compare Biden and Trump on the DOJ.